DANG! I won my first Blog Award! Thank you so much Cassiopeia for honoring me! Stop by her blog and help her decide which way the stand alone toilet paper holder should be facing. I loved her sense of humor and can't wait to read more about her!
To go with this award, I am supposed to answer the questions below so you will get to know me a bit better. Here goes:
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
I think I struck an middle ground by not using anyone's name in my family but my own first name. I like that.
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
|Me Stubborn????? Well......I am a Taurus, so if I am bull-headed, I can blame it on the stars. I guess I try to let the little things in life slide by so I can did in my heels on important matters. On a lighter note, I never knew how |
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
I see 60 pounds less of me! I am still baffled as to where that 27 year old me went to, but I'm ok with the person looking back at me now.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Water, and those lovely green drinks that come on the rocks with salt!
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
I like to read and work on my pictures/scrapbooks. I also try to walk at least five times a week.
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
Getting the girls up in the morning and on the bus without raising my voice? Seriously, I am so happy with my life, that it's all good, but I do want to continue to grow, learn, and travel as much as I can.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the class shy person, or always ditching school?
Most definitely the good girl/overachiever. I always brought my books home to study, and I never ditched school until the last day. Not sure that counts because we just went "out" for donuts and were back in time for graduation practice???
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what do you see?
I think that would be our wedding day, followed closely by the birth of our two girls and any memory that involved my Grandma Phyllis. I loved her so and still miss her ten years later!
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I like being myself; that's why I am blogging. I am a 48 year old mother of two girls, ages almost 6 & 8, and I am a farm wife. I want to get the message of what we do out to those who have been gone from the farm, and I think the stories that include the girls and my efforts to keep up with them are fun.10. If you had the choice to sit and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Read because I can get easily distracted if I am on the phone with everything going on around here.
Thanks again to Cassiopeia for this lovely award. Now the really great part it that I get to pass it along to some great bloggers. I don't mean to leave anyone out, but, again, here I go..... These ladies have all been great mentors and cheerleaders for me as I started my blog and continue to watch it grow. Please give them a visit! Their blogs are beautiful,, funny, and (to appeal to the teacher in me) educational!
Cris at Goodeness Gracious
Leah at Beyer Beware
Megan from Gal in the Middle
Judy at Cranberry Morning
Kate at Southern Belle Simple
Lauren at The Ransom Family
Ann at Butterflies, Gourds, and More
Well Dang! I have my seven, and I had several more I wanted to mention. I will save you folks for my next award, whenever it comes!
The answer to my mystery photo from Wordless Wednesday is SILAGE! Harvest has officially started here! Stay tuned; tomorrow I will take you on a little tour of how we make silage here in the Hoosier Heartland!
Have a great day!