1. I asked my Facebook friends how Abraham Lincoln's mom survived without TV, and one of them mentioned that she died early.....ahhhhhhhhh. Dang! I would just like to see the news, and maybe a show or two without animation or loud teenagers. Am thinking about getting a new receiver with a DVR. Any input on that?
2. I survived my weekend of reunion activities. Some classmates were showing pictures and talking about their grandchildren (MORE THAN ONE!), and then there was me doing my Happy Dance to the tune of "All-Day Long Kindergarten Starts Tuesday" Sing to "All Night Long" melody. Still can't believe we are "Still Crazy After All These Years" (again borrowing from Simon and Garfunkel) I really liked those boys!
3. Let's see, I could go with a tune from the Fifth Dimension and say that "Last Night, I Didn't Get To Sleep at All!" What the heck is is with the lovely M word? (MENOPAUSE)! DANG! I think I finally spelled it right! We need to have a blog discussion about the M word. Can I get an amen from anyone out there on this topic?
4. This is from a friend who always starts my day off with the correct perspective: "...your light! Start the day/week off by sharing the Light of Him with others. When someone is talking negative about another person, find the positive. When an event turns negative....find the positive. There are a great deal of positives in our lives, but we tend to look more at the negative ones. Help yourself and others look for the Light!"
My addition: Lord, Please keep me away from the saying of Maxine today! She nails it sometimes but probably not in the way you would have us think.
5. My brain seems to be just a bit befuddled today after two weeks of extreme activity, so I will stop for now and try to go recharge it somewhere so I will be witty, ready, and fresh for the next go-'round. Have a wonderful day!