My friend Megan, over at Gal in the Middle, has been doing this post for a few weeks now, and I love reading about all the things that are making her happy. Why not spread the love around right? So without further ado, here is what I am loving:
1. This easy-peasey recipe from Mr. Food called Jezebel Sauce! I varied it a bit: 1 jar apricot jam, 1 can pineapple tidbits (w/o juice), 1/2 c. Dijon mustard, and 2 tsp. horseradish! Blend together with a hand mixer (like we used to use for SlimFast shakes!) Goes lovely with ham or poultry (we also served turkey tenderloin from the grill).
2. A wonderful Easter weekend! The weather was perfect for an Easter Egg Hunt Saturday morning in the town park, and then stuck around Easter Day so everyone could walk around outside and enjoy the day.
3. That I was able to spend the better part of Monday with my Real Farmwives of America gal pals. I hope and pray that you, my dear readers, have the chance to gather with others who share a same passion as you do yet inspire you to bigger and better things. I love gathering with these wonderful cooks, ladies, wives, moms, employees, aunts, and friends. They lift me up to a higher place. See Miss Ott, A.'s account since yours truly somehow forgot to take her camera out of her case during all the fun! Sometimes you just have to remember things with your heart!
4. Our Tink is having her First Communion this weekend. I am thankful to all our family, school, and friends for helping her celebrate this moment.
5. Mowing the yard! Call me crazy, but even though I have developed allergies to just about everything in my old age, I love to get on that JD green mower and have a couple hours to myself.
6. NOOA! (aka. Noah!) This little dude scares the BEJEEZUS out of me when it goes off every Wednesday for its weekly test, but I am so glad we have it to let us know when to pay attention to the skies. I hope you all have one in your house and that it only has to go off on Wednesdays. Mine just went off, and it's Tuesday afternoon. There is a tornado watch out for our area until 9:00 p.m.
7. Lia Sophia jewelry! Love that it is getting me out of my boring rut of no accessories. It's kind of fun to step out of my comfort zone and wear a bit of bling! Tall Guy did give me diamond earrings for Christmas a couple years ago, though, and they NEVER come off, not even when I'm nose to nose with Miss 4~!
8. These silly, wonderful, inspiring eagles! I cannot seem to leave them alone. I've seen the parents sit on their eggs for weeks and then protect their three eaglets from all that the elements have thrown their way. One morning the parent was hunkered down in the nest protecting the babies from a driving rain. When I went back to check a bit later in the day, the parent was COVERED in snow. Now eagles rarely have a happy face, but this parent's face seemed to be even more fierce than usual. I bow to their protective nature toward their young! The occasional flopping fish, however, still kind of freaks me out (just because I don't expect them to gasp and flop!)
Thinking of our friends in Arkansas and Missouri and praying that the storms miss them this time!