A big thanks to my good friend Cris at Recipes that Crock for bring us all together for that wonderful retreat. (She is at the bottom the staircase in the picture below.) We all learned so much from each other! All these bloggers have wonderful blogs and Pinterest boards for you to pour over ONCE you finish reading my post of course! (wink wink). We are looking forward to gathering again next month, and I am sure I will have even MORE great recipes and ideas to share with you!
Earlier last week, I made this yummy lasagna based off of Mandy's recipe. I tweaked it here and there to make it satisfy our tastes and what I had in the house. It was delicious! It was also super easy and took very little time to make. I'm not sure why I always think it takes forever to make lasagna. From start to finish, I was pretty much ready to serve this meal in about an hour and a half! I even cooked the noodles!
Quick and Easy Lasagna
- 1-1.5 pounds ground sausage, plain or spicy
- 24. oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 Cups ricotta or cottage cheese
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 9-12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 T. olive oil
1. While noodles are boiling, brown the sausage on the stove, drain fat, add sauce, and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
2. Drain noodles, and combine the ricotta/cottage cheese, 1/2 C. of the Parmesan cheese, egg, and garlic.
3. In a 9 x 13 pan drizzle the olive oil on the bottom. Layer ingredients in thirds: noodles, cheese mix, sauce, 4. oz. mozzarella cheese
4. Top with last of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes until top is golden brown.
7. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Until next time Peeps, have a wonderful day,
and try to make a difference
in someone's life.