First, I have to get hamburger, which was in the freezer all packaged nicely and raised right out in our pasture! The recipe calls for one pound of ground beef, but we like our beef, so two is much better!
This is my wonderful Pampered Chef steamer that cooks my two pounds of ground beef in 5 minutes!
Just put the meat in the pot, kind of break it apart, and add about a 1/3 cup of water or so. Wish I had that cool Pampered Chef chopper thingy my friend Leah at Beyer Beware is always talking about!
Poof! In five minutes it is cooked, AND the fat is separated from the meat!
Put the lid back on, and it's a very easy trick to drain the water and fat out of the meat. It's even easier if you are NOT trying to pour and take a picture at the same time! Gonna have to shine my sink after this!
Here are the rest of the ingredients!
First layer in the pot sprayed with cooking oil: Noodles
Next add half of the hamburger.
Then half the sauce (I used more than the recipe called for because I added more meat!)
Half of the mushrooms.
Half of the Ricotta cheese ( I mixed it up a bit with the sauce).
Half of the Mozzarella cheese.
Now go back and review the last six pictures so that you have two layers! I added a top layer of noodles before adding the last half of the mozzarella cheese. This recipe calls for 1/3 cup water, but it doesn't say where/when to add it, so I poured it over the whole thing before putting on the lid.
Cover and cook on low for five hours.
And here it is all cheesy done.
Best Ever Lasagna
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained. I used two pounds of ground beef
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 8 Lasagna noodles (or how ever many it takes to cover your pot twice)
- 28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce (I used a bit more than that)
- 1/3 Cup water
- 4 oz. can mushrooms
- 8 oz. pkg. mozzarella cheese
- 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- garnish with Parmesan cheese
- Add Italian seasoning to ground beef, brown and drain off grease.
- Divide ingredients in half, and layer one on top of the other, starting with the noodles at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cover, and cook on low for five hours.
- Serve with a lettuce salad and enjoy!