We said out final good-bye to Leontien on her 34th birthday, and today would have been her fifth wedding anniversary. If you haven't read the story of her romance and THREE weddings with Bastiaan, click here.
Theirs is a great love story; they had actually been together almost 12 years, just like Tall Guy and I. On this day, the 5th anniversary of their "first" wedding, I want to share with you a list from Leontien, entitled
TEN WAYS TO LOVE
1. Listen without interrupting - Proverbs 18:13
2. Speak without accusing - James 1:19
3. Give without sparing - Proverbs 21:26
4. Pray without ceasing - Colossian 1:9
5. Answer without arguing - Proverbs 17:1
6. Share without pretending - Ephesians 4:15
7. Enjoy without complaint - Philippians 2:14
8. Trust without wavering - I Corinthians 13:7
9. Forgive without punishing - Colossians 3:13
10. Promise without forgetting - Proverbs 13:12
If you haven't discovered Leontien's Blog, Four Leaf Clover Tales, I hope you will take the time to get to know her and listen to the voice in her words. Start with her first entry on April 15, 2010, and read. You don't want to miss all the lessons she has to share with you. It's a beautiful story about life.
Finally, one of Leontien's favorite phrases she lived by:
"I can be changed by what happens to me.
But I refuse to be reduced by it"
Fear not my friend, your words, your inspiration, and the force of you lives on.