I bet some of you are just like Two Socks in Dances with Wolves. He is the wolf Kevin Costner's character befriends then kind of leaves behind when he goes to live with the Indians. Costner's character comes back to his old camp, tries to feed the wold he named Two Socks, and says, "I'll bet you're wondering 'Now why don't he write?'"
Dear Two Socks and the rest of my readers,
1. I've been traveling to Danville, Illinois about two times a week to take care of a degenerative disc issue in my neck. I have driven in snow, pea-soup thick fog, and clear but cold conditions. My condition is starting to improve, slowly but surely
2. Basketball season started for Tink, but practices have been going since December....We are 1-0 with another game tonight.
3. I had to wade through THREE accounts and settle up for 2012. One balanced perfectly, one was a few cents off, and the last one's file was lost in cyber/Quicken/thumbdrive hell, and I had to start over. It still did not end all neat and tidy, but I got by with a little help from my friends.
4. I have also been part of a group of community and school family members trying to raise money to upgrade the security of our school. It is been a bit of a task to get all arranged, but we started rolling with both projects, and now the ball has gone from my hands into the hands of the people. Hope not too many get figuratively thrown back.
5. Trying to figure out a new addition to our house. Stay tuned for more on this one, but it's in the planning stages now, and I am trying, finally, to find my own sense of style.
Some random thoughts that went through my brain as I muddled through all this
~Getting old is not fun unless you take care of your body. I now have a used elliptical to help me get back in shape without so much impact to my body. Brain says we are 30 at the oldest, but driver's license says we are going to be 51 in May, AND we need to renew this year. SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME OF THIS IN MAY!
~Those who say "I want to do it all" need to realize that ALL had only THREE letters in it. If you add a fourth thing to your wants, the fragile balance in your life tends to go all to heck!
~I have a hard time saying NO, but I am getting better in some parts of my life.
~So thankful that when I cannot visually see my friends, I can call, chat, text, and message them.
~Windows 8 is a pain in the butt, but I can learn to be
~The secret to staying young is moisturizer, sleep, and continuing to want to learn then apply more moisturizer/wrinkle cream to at least your face after trying to learn new things.
~TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY STARTING THIS VERY MINUTE! It's never too late to turn things around.
~Music is the biggest cause of the Generation Gap. Not that impressed with Beyonce. I even told Miss Megan that I would have liked to see country duos or KISS or had the M&M people sponsor a half time show by Meatloaf to carry on the idea of one of the few funny commercials "I Would Do Anything for Love, but I Won't Do That!" LOVED Bat Out of Hell and played the heck out of the ALBUM in high school and college! Come to think on it, Mom didn't like him so much and kept calling him Meatballs. Sigh....... ;-)
Ok, time to put a bit of time on my elliptical, wash up, head to Illinois, then come back pick up kids, and get ready to rumble at our 4th grade basketball game!